Moving from Toronto to the United Kingdom ( UK) - Paramount Blog

Moving from Toronto to the United Kingdom ( UK)

Moving from Toronto to the United Kingdom ( UK)

When moving to the UK as a returning resident, you are required to complete an online application for relief from paying customs duty and tax on your used personal and household goods as part of your transfer or residence (TOR). However, when you move as a student, this part of the process is not required.  It is not a requirement to submit an application to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and  all that is needed is proof from the university / college on their headed paper confirming your admission details and the place / course you have been registered  in.  

Paramount Transportation Systems representative in the UK will submit these details to HMRC directly on your behalf, and complete any necessary paperwork as the customs clearance broker.




Getting organized?

Our Helpful Tools section will help you prepare for your move day with confidence and answer many other questions about what you can ship.

Recent Testimonials


Paramount | Phone: +1 905.670.6683 | Within Canada or USA: +1 800.363.6683 | Fax: +1 905.670.6684 | 4160 Sladeview Crescent, Unit #4, Mississauga, Ontario L5L 0A1, Canada | Open Monday to Friday | |

live chat support software